* Content Warning - The section below may contain language and pictures that maybe offensive to some readers. You have been warned *
Okie dokie. So I got inspired to make this series.
The first thing I did was mark my quilting lines with a clover hera tool. This tool is one of my early quilting purchases and is very useful for marking straight lines without actually marking it with ink or chalk. It creates a crease in the fabric.
I am going to detour a bit here. This is the fabric for the back that I used. I noticed how similar it was to the picture in the kitchen. The picture was bought at a yard sale for $15.00. I don't know why I love it - but I just do.
As I was pinning the three layers together, I noticed that the backing fabric did not feel right. Half way through the pinning, I went to my fabric closet and looked through the fabrics and realized that a bunch of them had not been washed. So I washed them. Yes, I washed probably 40 yards of fabric total - and in reality, all I needed was about 1 1/4 yard of fabric. It is one of my pet peeve that the fabrics be washed. I am asthma, so I don't know what dust is on the fabric before it gets to my closet, so I make sure it all gets washed. So below is the pile of fabrics that I washed.
I quilted it 1/2" apart.
Next I looked for a font I liked and printed it on paper and cut it out.
Next, I placed them on the fabric and pin it and cut it out (sorry no picture).
Then I pinned it on the background fabric and basted it. Yes - I can fuse it and such - but I prefer to do it the old-fashion way.
Here is a more detail picture of the basting.
Now the final results - I created four quilts.
Quilt & Bitch