Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Show + Tell :: Dear Alexandra

April 19 2017,

Hey - yet another quilt. I'm on a roll this month.

This quilt was actually created this past winter and I only now have the chance to take a picture of it outside.

Many years ago - I promised her and her little sister a quilt when they graduated high school. So here's the quilt for the older one. Deep down, I regret making this promise because I don't know if she will appreciate it. Back then (probably 5 - 6 years ago) I could see the happiness in their eyes when I said this. As time progresses - her family and ours have gone astray - but a promise is still a promise. I probably will never know how she feels about this gift - but hopefully she treasures this and it doesn't end up at goodwill.

The blocks are quarter square triangles. The quilting was relatively simple, in the ditch and half an inch to the right and left of the ditch.

Front of quilt

Detail of quilt

Back of quilt
Personally, I think the back of the quilt is more interesting than the front of the quilt.

Title: Dear Alexandra
Dimension: Approximately 71.5" x 100"
Materials: Commercial Cotton Prints
Method: Machine pieced + machine quilted
Date completed: 12.2017

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: