Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Quilting Class with Betty Busby

October 19 2017,

This past weekend, I took a Betty Busby class called, "Multi-Media Fiber Arts".  I had fun.

Below is a quilt by Betty Busby.



Below is Betty Busby demonstrating a technique.



We played with paints, mostly Pro Chem's Pro Silk and Fabric Paints. I found out that my favorite color is "Flag Blue". You'll see me use it across multiple "compositions".


We used plastic Dixie small cups to put in our paint. Below are plastics cups which has been washed and reused a few times. Pretty aren't they.


Below are compositions by students drying on the floor. Mine is the yellow and blue bull's eye looking thing.


Here is the color "Flag Blue", my favorite out of all the colors.


Here is one of my composition with head bands, wax paraffin on on piece of silk fabric with paint.


This is another piece with metallic paint mixed into it.


After I pulled the piece up, this is what got etched on the plastic garbage bag that I was using.


 Ain't it pretty?


This piece is Betty Busby's vinyl sticker, and I painted over it with "Flag Blue". This technique is call "Sun Print".




Here is the "sun print" piece colored in with Derwent Inktense Pencils and aloe vera.



This is the final piece when the vinyl is lifted up from the fabric.


Ta-dah.


This below is the bulls eye fabric that was made earlier. Here I am peeling off the silk fabric off of the vinyl table mat.



Then I used Shiva paint sticks on rubbed it on top of the vinyl table mat, making an impression on the fabric.


Here is the finish piece of fabric.


Here we took leaves and painted it. Here we used the Pro Chem Profab Pearlescent Paint and painted and veins of the leaf. We also used a non-woven call evolon.



We stamped the leaf onto evolon.


Then we painted it with Pro Silk and Fabric Paint and also colored it in with the inktense pencil.


Definitely out of my element - but I had fun.

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

p00lriah said...

Holy moly you keep busy. I was going to ask how you've been but it seems you're doing great!

Quilt+Bitch said...

Hi p00lriah - long time no "see"! Keeping busy. Yes this blog is still going and going and going... ;)