Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Four Years Later...

November 1 2017,

Four years ago I fell sick with something that is not specifically defined.

Two days ago I fell sick again. I could not move from the couch and my sleep was restless. It seems like I always get sick on or around Halloween.

Did I panic? Of course I panicked. After two days of doing absolutely nothing besides sleep, I feel much better. Today I got the energy to actually make congee (porridge) with century year old egg. This is comfort food for me.

Here's a basic recipe for congee from "The Woks of Life". Instead of sticking the rice in the freezer - I just soaked the rice in water at room temperature for 24 hours.


Oh yes, the "century year old egg" or "thousand year old egg" is something that was featured in Andrew Zimmern Bizarre Food. You have been forewarned.

I feel better now - thank God. I don't want to be sick for a month, and I don't want to end up in the hospital.

Quilt & Bitch



No comments: