Wednesday, October 18, 2017

'Nuf Said :: B*tch B*tch B*tch

October 18 2017,


I have a few things I would like to get off my chest.

Since being President of my local guild, I hear things, and people want to make sure I hear them. Yes, I hear them - I hear them all. Thank you for sharing them with me.

A handful of times, it's the same people who bitch and bitch and bitch but don't seem to want to do anything but bitch. When our members do bitch, I ask them to step up and become involved. To be the solution and not the problem.

"I live too far, you don't expect me to drive all the way from XYZ to be involved?"
"I'm President of another guild already."
"I'm too busy."

Whine, whine, whine.

Ok... I don't mind people who let me know what they are thinking, but it's the one that continuously whine and bitch.

So I get an email from a member who tells me that the current place that we are meeting is too expensive. Fine. I agree. So I write back thanking her for her input and that if she would like to be on the search committee to let one of the board members know and we would put her in touch with the person who is heading it.

Of course there was no response to that email.

So here's the kicker. A few days later I follow up with her on a request she has (not related to any of her bitching) and she replies... you ready for this?

"When is the October meeting? Thanks."

WTF.

I decide to ignore that email and wait a week before our October meeting and I reply to her.

"Our October meeting is October XXth, 2017."

She writes back, "Planning on being there with $. thanks for the reminder. We almost went in last night!"

Yah lady. Dear readers. I bet you a hundred dollars that if she had gone in and there was no meeting, I would have gotten the blame.

Note that the meeting has been announced umpteenth time on the website, newsletter since April of 2017.

Now, now, what am I to say.

There's no glamor in this role. We ain't getting paid doing this. We do endless hours of planning, organizing, making decisions, fund raise and many other things that are not seen by most of our members. We are doing what is best for our members and that we are fiscally responsible.

You want my role? Take it, have at it. Today, I feel like a doormat.

Quilt & Bitch (more bitching than quilting lately)

No comments: