Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 3

December 10 2017,

** Note: This is the third section of a three part blog **
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 1
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 2
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 3

More from my MFA visit.
















This painting below by Paul Gauguin stopped me in my tracks and I had to do a double take.  I swore that a few weeks ago, I saw this painting at some other museum. It was either the Worcester Art Museum or the Currier Museum. Looking through my collection of photographs, I had not taken a picture of the other painting at the other museum. This will bug me for ages.






As I was taking a picture of the Renoir painting, a young gentlemen stopped in the middle of his track sketching. His classmates were a few feet in front of him. I don't know if he meant to stop so that I could take a picture or whether if he was deep in thought. After I took a picture of him, he continued walking and sketching. It was a great view - that he was deep in thought with his book and not on his phone.

Maybe he will be the next Renoir.



Quilt & Bitch

No comments: