Monday, August 13, 2018

Random Thoughts On... Private Nudity

August 13 2018,


I was reading our town's police blotter - yes, our town is small enough that we can have a police blotter is published at our local town blog

So a guy gets arrested because his neighbor saw him peeing in the bushes.

This led me to another question. what is the law in Massachusetts about this?

After a little bit of research I stumbled upon this article about "Indecent Exposure". It was an interesting read.

So the article says,
"First: That the defendant exposed his (her) (genitals) to one or more persons;
Second: That the defendant did so intentionally; and
Third: That one or more persons were offended by the defendant’s thus exposing himself (herself)."
In addition under note, it writes,

"1. limited to exposure of genitalia. The misdemeanor of indecent exposure (G.L. c. 272, § 53) is applicable only to exposure of the genitalia, and not to exposure of the genital area, pubic hair, buttocks, or female breasts."

Okie dokie. That being said - the police who arrested the gentleman had a cause to do so.

So why the picture of the house? That's our new neighbor's house. Their house overlooks my kitchen window - and yes, I do walk around sometimes in just an underwear or sometimes even with nothing on (I know, TMI). So what if the neighbor catches me?

Since I am a female, I would not be arrested. But if it was my husband, and if the kitchen light was on and the neighbor happens to be looking into the kitchen window, then yes there would be just cause in him being arrested even though hubby was on his own property.

Before the whole tear down event, below is what the house looks like. Literally just one window. His dining room window which he always had his shade down and he rarely sat in it unless he was doing his blood pressure readings.


So instead of having one window looking at my kitchen window (which is the most vulnerable view, because there is no shade) - I have six windows peering into the kitchen window.

Thoughts? Reaction?

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: