Sunday, August 12, 2018

My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Two (The State of Maine)

August 12 2018,

** Note: This is the eigth of a thirteen part blog **
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of One (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Two (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Three (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Deux
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Trois
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cuatro (Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival) 
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of One (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Two (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Three (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Four (The State of Maine :: Maine Quilts)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Six 
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Seven
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of One
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of Two



The next day, I went to visit the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse. I didn't get far. It was misting, so I was worried about slipping on the rocks. And because there was no one else around, it was too risky. At the end of this path is suppose to be a lighthouse.


Next stop was also a lighthouse called "Owl's Head Lighthouse".


There's a sweet story of "Spot" that you can read on "New England Lighthouse Stories."




Again, this was the view off the lighthouse.


I drove around the area and found a few great spots for pictures.




Next stop was Rockland. It is a stop town, known for art and the "Main Lobster Festival". I was still early for my next stop, so I decided to walk around the town a little bit.



Those are dried lemons or oranges hanging on the window. 



Next stop was the Farnsworth Museum.












The painting below is awesome. I can appreciate all the detail that Andrew Wyeth put into it.












On display was also Ai Wei Wei's "Circle of Animals". As of writing this post, his studio was recently torn down. Read more about it here. "How Ai Weiwei Made Art Out of Destruction on Instagram."









Other stuff of interest in the museum.













A painting of Owl's Head Lighthouse below.
















This painting below I love.








A museum is not complete without at least one quilt, here a crazy quilt.




Paintings that make you go "um...."



We'll see more of John Bisbee in the next post. Awesome work! I was so drawn to this art work and all his artwork.









I couldn't resist the cuteness of these birds.









7th grade and having an eye for photography? Absolutely beautiful photography.




So that was one museum. More coming from the trip.

Ooop, almost forgot the gift shop. Cute quaint full of interesting things.




Quilt & Bitch


No comments: