Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sew Buzzz

September 8 2018,


Last school year, I volunteered to help a middle school teacher with an after school club. A friend challenged me to teach younger kids to do art. I met the teacher who taught this class in a science expo and went up to him and asked him if he needed help, and that I could offer help with the sewing portion.

Came September of last year, he emailed me and I started helping him once a week for an hour.


The class was a combination of sewing and programming. The book that was used in class was Sew Electric. The girls had no problem with sewing. It was more a challenged for the boys. It took a few months for some of the kids to learn how to tie a knot on the thread and do a running stitch. By the end of the class, there were only 5 kids left out of 15, and the teacher gave up in trying to have the class again for next year.



Hopefully I have instilled some kids to learn how to tie a knot of a thread and to do running stitches.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: