Monday, November 25, 2019

Explorations :: July 2019 :: ICA Boston

November 25 2019,

In July, Institute of Contemporary Art / Boston had an exhibition called "Less is a Bore: Maximalist Art & Design."

I was so lucky that I found parking right in front of the building, it was amazing. That first black car is mine.


A wonderful selection of artwork.



Howardena Pindell appears here, a month after showing at the Rose Art Museum < see earlier post > .


























Out of everything in this exhibition, this was one of my favorite works of art by Joyce Kozloff.

Doesn't it look like a quilt?











This one also stopped me on my tracks. Kehinde Wiley.

Jaw dropping. The colors are magnificent and the details are stunning.
























Do you see the quilts in this piece? Sanford Biggers has more quilts that has been integrated with paint. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
















Quilt & Bitch

No comments: