Saturday, November 16, 2019

Explorations :: September 2019 :: You Had Me At... Kusama

November 16 2019,

In the end of September, Institute of Contemporary Art / Boston opened "Kusama Love is Calling". My friend Laura, the friend who does artsy fartsy stuff with me, and the one who comes up with most of the titles of my quilts, took me for a lovely day of outing.

She's the one with the ICA membership. So we were able to secure two tickets on opening member's day, and we went.




I was in heaven. Two and a half minutes immersed in colors, shapes, circles, dots, sound. I had goosebumps the whole time I was inside. The top I was wearing complemented the room. There were five of us including the "gatekeeper".  







This artwork was purchased by ICA, and is a permanent collection of the museum.  It is on exhibition till February 7, 2021. But because the museum has bought this artwork, shouldn't it be forever? Here's a great article by WBUR about "Love is Calling".

One more thought, Yayoi Kusama should be called the "Queen of Instagram".



This painting, I love, by McArthur Binion.












Imagine having the space to work on canvases this big, and to be able to hang it. Vivian Suter's colors speaks to me.










Coming back to Kusama, here are two blog posts relating to Kusama.
Show + Tell :: Peace Out On My Spaceship
October 2018 Field Trip Around Town Yayoi Kusama: Where the Lights in My Heart Go
>

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: