Wednesday, January 8, 2020

'Nuf Said :: Epic Fail

January 8 2020,


Happy New Year!

Yesterday morning I went to the grocery store. After finishing shopping, on my way to the vehicle, the young man who was collecting the shopping carts walked past me and said, "Hi there! You don't look a day over 21!"

I blushed a little and smiled and said, "Thank you".

After I unloaded the groceries, I returned the shopping cart back into the store.

As I walked back out of the store, there was a lady next to me. The same guy walked past her and said, "Hi there! You don't look a day over 21!"

I smirked. It was what he said to all the ladies.

She said, "Thank you" to the guy, and mumbled to me, "He's lying."

As I drove off, I heard a bump bump. I said to myself, um... that doesn't sound right, and drove on. Then a lady behind me started high beaming me with her headlight. She then pulled over to the side and said that my groceries had fallen out. She then said, that it was at the top of the hill.

Go figure. It doesn't make sense. At this particular morning, I took the pick-up truck which has a cover over the bed. I had placed the groceries in the bed of the truck and that there was no way the groceries just fell out. I went back and retraced my step, and the lady had kindly put my groceries on the side of the road on the grass, inside the milk crate that I had placed them in. Everything was there and any damaged. I had the hindsight to put the eggs in the front seat with me.

Imagine, getting home and seeing that all the groceries were gone?

Hubby said that I must not have placed the groceries inside the bed of the truck, but on the cover of the truck. It doesn't make sense. Remember how I came out of the store the second time after returning the shopping cart inside the store? I would have noticed if the groceries were on top of the truck bed!

So that was my day yesterday morning in the span of 15 minutes. It was funny.

Oh,speaking of shopping carts - do you return your shopping cart to the right place or do you just drop the shopping cart wherever it lands? I won't tell. Here is an interesting article on Shopping Carts. "Why Don't People Return Their Shopping Carts?"

Happy New Year!

Q&B

No comments: