Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Would You Like A Bag For Your Groceries?"

December 10, 2009

I just came back from Whole Foods after buying a pint chicken soup, milk and a can of mushroom soup. This was an unexpected stop because I had forgotten earlier in the week to buy milk and I wanted soup to nurse my so called cold.

I don't have a runny nose, no fever, no cough, just feeling a bit under the weather.

When I got to the register, instead of the usual question of paper or plastic, I was asked, "Would you like a bag for your groceries?" I answered, "Yes please."

They made me feel guilty for not bringing my own bags. What is this world coming to?

I usually bring my own shopping bags, but this time I just forgot. Yeah, it was only three things that I had to carry, but I was also about to carry 6 library books also, and it was going to be hard without a paper bag.

Have you felt guilty for not bringing your own bag when you go grocery shopping? Has a grocery store made you feel guilty for not bringing your own bags?

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

p00lriah said...

i'd ask for an extra bag just for good measure.

Quilt+Bitch said...

That's a great idea, I should have asked them to double the paper bag!