Monday, April 18, 2016

Show + Tell :: Going On A Trip I

April 18 2016,

This quilt was done in February. But because of the winter, we never got a chance to take a picture of it till today.

This one is call "Going On A Trip". When I saw this batik fabric, which is a Robert Kaufman Artisan Batik Model Geoscapes 4, I had to buy yardage of it.

This quilt uses Kathleen Loomis' "fine line piecing method". The yellow and orange pieces are skinny pieces. For this piece I think I only used 4 fabrics total. The main fabric, the yellow, orange and another orange fabric.

This title is attributed to the psychedelic main fabric, thus taking the word "trip" not in it's literal sense but a figurative sense, if that makes any sense. Oh, and note that the title contains the number "1", um... there may be a second one in the works.



The back of the quilt also uses Kathleen Loomis' method. I used mainly pinks and purples because I decided I was getting tired of it just hanging out in the closet and made a back out of it. I also realized I had a lot of extra front fabric left, and I smacked it onto the back. The red area was from the back of the "I Love Love Love" quilt, and instead of wasting it, it's on this back. 



Title: Going On A Trip I
Dimension: 87" x 103"
Materials: Cotton Batik, Dream Cotton Batting
Method: Machine Pieced + Machine Quilted
Machine quilted by: Jean Konopacz of JK Threads
Date completed: 02.2016

Now go make something psychedelic.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: