Friday, June 29, 2018

My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Two (Vermont Quilt Festival)

June 29 2018,

** Note: This is the second of a fourteen part blog **
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of One (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Two (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Three (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Deux
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Trois
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cuatro (Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of One (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Two (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Three (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Four (The State of Maine :: Maine Quilts)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Six 
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Seven
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of One
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of Two

The tour continues.


"Sun Drops" Lynn Whitten, Millbury, MA. Quilted by Rebecca Collis



"Vases of Flowers" Barbara Beaulieu" Quilted by Judy Coache

Ok - this is one of those quilts that I cannot do nor have the patience. Imagine doing, 35 of these blocks. Kudos to Barbara for having the stamina.



This quilt is by a quilter who belongs to my local guild. Love this quilt, it is so whimsical. The named person "Dora" here is actually my quilt teacher.

"Elves in the Garden of Matisse" Beth Reisman, Newton Center, MA




"Stars, Feathers & Swirls for Fun" Joanne MacNevin, Pembroke, MA
The quilting on this quilt was beautifully done.





This quilt received the "Best Machine Quilting on a Home Machine" ribbon and a purple ribbon. The photos do not give it justice.  Pat Delaney does beautiful quilts and has won many awards over and over again. Her quilts never fails to be a "wow-er".

"Rosslyn Tartan" Pat Delaney, Abington, MA




Christine Wickert consistently wins ribbons. She received the "Best Applique" award and received a purple ribbon too. This is another one of those quilts, yes it looks nice, but I will never ever make it.

"Sewing is Beleafing" Christine Wickert, Penfield, NY"





"40th Year Celebration" Miki Peine, Saint Paul, MN, Quilted by Page Johnson


Nope, you are not seeing double. Two of almost of the same quilt - the middle portion is different. The above received a blue ribbon (first place) and an award, the one below received a red ribbon (second place)


"Circle of Illusion" Jean Welch, West Chazy, NY


Are you dizzy yet?


"Mexico Visit" Sandra Bryant, Elkton, MD



"Enduring Treasure" Marilyn Swenson, Yarmouth, Port, MA, quilted by Margaret Solomon-Gunn

This one received the "Founder's Award" and a first place blue ribbon. The quilting of course is stunning too. I reached out to Margaret for one of my quilts, because of the quilt being a batik and many seams both in the front and the back, she was had said no to quilting my quilt, and I appreciate that. Unlike another quilter in New Hampshire that who blatantly lied and said, "I am well into I think #1..." and truth be told, she had never even started it. She runs a local quilt show and I will never support her. You will never see my name in her quilt show, nor will I ever go to the quilt show.






"Vintage Rose" by Lisa McCarthy, East Kingston, NH, quilted by Carrie Zizza

There are three ribbons here,  "Exception Merit" purple ribbon, and two "Best Machine Quilting on a Long Arm Machine". The winner of the quilt receives and ribbon and so does the long armer. In this case the long armer is not the person making the quilt. The long armer here was also relunctant on quilting my quilt because it again, it had a pieced back, and in batik. Better to be honest than to mess everything up.





"Paradise in Bloom" Melissa Foderaro, Derry, NH, Quilted by Margaret Solomon Gunn


This one was a hard one to take a picture of. Everyone was always standing around in, and it never failed to have someone looking at it closely. This received a first place blue ribbon and "Best Pieced" award. Another one of those quilts I'll never attempt to do.

"Les Cubes" by Liliane Whalen" S. Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, quilted by Jocelyne Martel




This one by Janet Dalis received the "Exceptional Merit" purple ribbon and "Best Mixed and other Techniques" ribbon. Kudos. This also won "Viewer's Choice" at the Connections Quilt Festival in 2017. Sorry Janet, I forgot to post about that quilt show. Janet rode on the bus with us to Vermont. Another one of those quilts I will not attempt.

"My Splendid Sampler, First Generation" Janet Dalis, Melrose, MA



This one received a special award from "Keepsake Quilting". Pretty ribbon ain't it? Pretty quilt too.

"Cathedral Window" Sandra Morris, Phoenixville, PA



"Super Dex" Ree Fagan, Bow, NH



"Sand and Sun" Sylvie-Anne Oiumet, Lac-des-Ecores, Quebec




 A beautiful quilt. This received an "Exceptional Merit" purple ribbon and a special award. This is one that I would like to take home with me. Absolutely beautiful.

"A-B-Sea for Ewe and Me" Andree Bergeron, Laval, Quebec






This quilt by Lynne Rainen received a red ribbon (first place), a special award, and a Judge's Choice award. Wow, wee. Congrats Lynne.

"Maine Coast" Lynne Rainen, Meredith, NH




Can I say jaw dropping? Jaw dropping. This received the "Exceptional Merit" purple ribbon and the "Best of Show" ribbon. Well deserve. Another one of those quilts I will not attempt. OMG. Something like this would not only take a lifetime, but would probably end up in the UFO space ship. Note, it is also hand quilted. Oh, just hand quilted. 

"Blossoms from the East", Barbara Korengold, Chevy Chase, MD




More soon.

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

San Francisco Stitch Co. said...

Sorry to have missed the show this year— it looked fabulous! Thanks for posting.

Quilt+Bitch said...

Hiya - Thanks for stopping by. Make sure you don't miss the other two posts. There are a total of 3 posts for the VQF trip! Enjoy.