Saturday, October 6, 2018

My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of Two

October 6 2018,

** Note: This is the fourteenth of a fourteen part blog **
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of One (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Two (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Uno of Three (Vermont Quilt Festival)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Deux
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Trois
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cuatro (Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival) 
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of One (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Two (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Three (The State of Maine)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Cinco of Four (The State of Maine :: Maine Quilts)
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Six 
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Seven
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of One
My Summer Vacation 2018 :: Part Eight of Two
A continuation of the Mancuso World Quilt New England show. Hold on tight - this one is a long one, full of beautiful quilts.

First off - by Lorraine Woodruff-Long, San Francisco, called "Quilt Melt". So creative. A political statement without making it look political.

















"Feathered Star" by Kate Hofstetter, Durham, NH. Beautiful machine quilting work. I think it is just a little bit too heavily quilted... but it is beautiful.



















Love this quilt by Sue de Vanny, of Australia, called, "Erte Bazaar II". You can see the version one on her website.








This one by Julie Haddrick from Australia, called "Configuration: Kasuri with Five Lines" reminds me of Nancy Crow's style.










"A Time for all Seasons" by Linda Steele of Australia, is beautiful done. Beautifully hand appliqued.



Do you see the little owl? On a side note, I love owls. I feel like I have a special bond with them.












































I was very attracted to "What a Shambles" by Michael Fitchett, of United Kingdom. A few days I was browsing through another blog and sound another quilt by him called, "Heart of the Alps". As soon as I saw that quilt, I realized that I saw another one of his quilt at the Mancuso show... and ta dah - I did.



































This sign under some of the big winner quilts was interesting. "Place in Wubber Tub". I can picture the quitlers themseleves placed into a bath tub. Um...


































If I had only known she was teaching and what she was teaching - I would probably have taken this class. My missed opportunity and laziness. Oh well.






















That's it! Summer is officially over. Welcome fall.

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took her class. It’s an interesting technique. We can study it together sometime. 😊